The skills you learn on this course will provide a good base from which to develop further diving skills, such as wreck diving, search and recovery, and the PADI Rescue Diver course. You will be introduced to natural and compass navigation.
- To develop your practical knowledge of underwater navigation
- Increase your diving skills
- Plan, organise and make navigation dives
- Imporve your diving ability, and provide you with additional supervised experience
- Heighten your awareness of underwater surroundings and features as part of the natural navigation module
What you cover
- Navigation patterns
- Estimating distance underwater
- Natural navigation (without a compass)
- Compass navigation
- How to “mark” or relocate a submerged object, or position from the surface
- Underwater map making
- Dive site relocation
- Navigating a course underwater, with a compass
PADI Underwater Navigator manual
Certification (upon successful completion of the course)
Certified Open Water Diver or equivalent
Minimum 10 yrs of age (12 for Stoney Cove)
- Complete a medical questionnaire, if you answer yes to any questions on the Medical form you must see a doctor prior to starting the course. A medical form is available to download please click here. Complete the PADI Continuing Education Administration Document - Please click here.
Admission fees to dive site
London Scuba does not provide the Underwater Navigator course referred to on this website. These Underwater Navigator courses are provided by Jason Linbourne (T/A Gatwick Scuba). If you wish to book a Underwater Navigator course with Gatwick Scuba, you may do so through this website and in so doing London Scuba is acting as an agent for Gatwick Scuba.