Open Water Diver
The four open water qualifying dives are your final step to becoming a qualified Open Water Diver.
Diving in UK waters can be slightly more challenging than other more tropical regions. Completing your dives in the UK will definitely allow you to gain a higher level of competence.
All Open Water Dives are coducted in Drysuits. Drysuits have water tight neck and wrist seals which stop water entering the suit. A thermal base-layer ensures you stay nice and warm, even in the cooler winter months!
Don't be cold... Be comfortable!
If it has been more than six months since completion of your referral course, you must complete a refresher course.
Minimum age 12 (special arrangements available for 10 & 11 year olds)
Certification as a PADI Open Water Referral student
Admission to dive site - £10 per day
Air - £12 (4 fills x£3)
PADI Log Book & Referral form required (these should have been supplied during your Pool & Theory training)
Accommodation and transport are not included.
- Children aged 15 or younger may have to complete the dives in a wetsuit instead of a drysuit. This all depends on their sizes, which will be taken at the time of booking.
Any student who completed the referral course more than 6 months prior to the Open Water dives will be required to complete a Refresher course.
- A £20 discount is available for all London Scuba referral students - please call 0845 544 1312 to take advantage of this.
- We reserve the right to conduct the dives in semi-dry wetsuits, should we not have your particular size available in a Drysuit.
- If using a Dry Suit, a confined water (normally pool) orientation session is required (these take place at the dive centre between 19:00-21:00 on the Friday evening before your course or at Wraysbury for all midweek dates)
- London Scuba does not provide the open water courses referred to on this website. These open water courses are provided by Jason Linbourne (t/a Gatwick Scuba). If you wish to book an open water course with Gatwick Scuba you may do so through this website, and in so doing London Scuba is acting as an agent for Gatwick Scuba.